Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Let's do something!

3.20.13 Sprang baby.

If you live down here you may say sprang instead of spring.  Whatever vowel you choose to use in your annunciation - happy day of the better season :-)

I decided to celebrate the beginning of this season by hitting up the pool.  The YMCA pool that is.  I threw a monkey wrench in my workout routine and decided to put the weightroom on the back burner today and hit the water.  I am so glad I did.  My body was very responsive to the water - its been getting too comfy with the elipitical, track, stairmaster, etc.

So....how are you ringing in the first day of the new life season?

*****************************************

Now that it is officially spring I have two beautiful Forsythia in full bloom.  No flower better lets us know it is the end of winter more than Forsythia (which is actually more of a shrub).  It is bright and sunny and has to make you smile. 

Today I checked Pinterest for some ideas for a wreath and look what I found!

I can use my Forsythia and get creative.

So here's what I did....

I didn't have a cute umbrella for it but I did have a great basket to use.  So I pulled it out along with a pair of scissors and went out to collect a few cuttings from the bush.

To cut I decided to focus on the back of the shrub.  It is in it's infancy for blooming so I didn't want to do damage....er too much damage.


After I made a collected my cuttings I came in and cleaned them up.  I'll do a blog in the future for cutting.

These are alive so they need.....water!  Simple task - apply water to the cutting continuously while in the basket.

Take two paper towels and soak them then wrap the branches in them - if you use a basket then you'll need to stuff some plastic shopping bags in the bottom to catch that water that comes off the towels.

Lastly - it needed a bow and hell why not cut out a lower case B for Brownie World?

Ta da!  Thanks Pinterest for making me get all creative.

********************************************

Are you cooking or drinking anything special for the first day of sprang?  I can tell you my house smells like you are bombing on calories just by inhaling!  I am totally cheating by making a Hormel Italian Pork Roast!  I had a coupon and it was on sale so why not.  I think I'll serve it up with a romain salad and some Preacher Taters!

I may just kick back a Miller 64 as well.  Then again I may not....tomorrow is supposed to be my day of gym rest (not doing too well taking those....I may be addicted).

*******************************************

As ya'll know my baby girl started her second season of soccer.  I had to snap some pictures of her in her (GO) Wolfpack red jersey! 

Drills
Getting some instruction!
Offense skills!













Until we meet again is getting old huh?  I read the email.  So here's stealing from Ellen....

Be good to each other!

Brownie


Share this blog!  Please.  http://abrownieworld.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!