Monday, March 18, 2013

Lessons & Pinterest Falsified


3.18.13 Did you get pinched?

Here we go on a trip through another week.  

How was your weekend?

If you live near me you could not complain about anything on Saturday!  The weather was perfecto.  Seventy plus degrees....sunshine.....ahhhh bring it on.  Then Sunday reminded us it is not spring yet.  Cold winds, grey skies, anything but 77 degrees.

I learned a lot this weekend....

1.  Fat is not sexy or cute.  I have always known this but it was really drilled home this weekend after venturing to the local park for some family time.  Just a little PSA here....if you are overweight by 50 pounds, have a 52 Triple T size chest, and are storing the needed surplus of blubber required to live in the arctic for a couple winters - do not - I repeat DO NOT wear spandex, spaghetti strap camisole tops.  You are not doing anyone, including yourself, a favor.  Whoever told you you looked in good in that neon jelly mold needs to be strung up and slapped.  Whoever makes such clothing in such sizes should be immediately strung up and shut down. 

Another PSA - if your three year old weighs in at one hundred pounds and is not over five feet tall you need to get a grip and realize he is a human not a beef cow who needs to be a heavy-weight.  Nothing makes me angrier than a parent who feeds the hell out of their kid and refuses to see that the kid is a walking heart attack.  There is no excuse what-so-ever for a three or four year old to be that overweight - and yes I see it as abuse.  Somebody needs to lay off the sugar cookies, dorinachos, vats of lard and lay on the actual love and care for their child.

2.  I may be done with clothing exchanges.  After going to my "Favorite" sale on Saturday I am pretty sure I am done with the exchanges/consignment sales.  I had an arm full of goodies and wanted to check myself before I wrecked myself.  I was approached by an old hag who must be Cinderella's aunt on her step mother's side.  She told me I was not allowed to check my items and had to purchase whatever I had in my arm.

Come again?

I was in a church but I took off my Jesus and broke pretty um....well you get it. 

I said - "Um come again?"
She looked down her nose at me and said, "People don't shop where things have been gone through."
I said, "This is a second hand sale the stuff has been worn"
She said, "Well people don't shop when things have been gone through."
I lost it.  I will not type what I said.  It was ugly.  It was disdainful.  It involved some choice French and I don't mean romantic.  I may have thrown some Arabic in there too.  I had about four other women behind me cheering me on (the mmm hmmm choir).  I had a police officer who was grinning really hard behind the old mother of a dog.  I threw my stuff down and said - "Oops looks like you'll have to go through that.  Or since that isn't allowed you can let it lie there."

Mean Brownie arrived and Mean Brownie could not be tamed. 

3.  Chicfila just may be the devil.  I decided to grab an original sandwich.  I devoured it - no fries for me, just bocky bocky buttered bread.  Then I read it has 440 calories.  Done I am with CFA.  Ok probably not but only kid's meals from now on. 

4.  We are all human beings made by the same constructor.  After showing my tail at the exchange and then decompressing at my favorite store and eating an over caloried (is that even a word) sandwich I redeemed myself.  There was a girl standing on the corner with a sign - you know the kind.  I rolled down my window and yelled "Ma'am!" and handed her a dollar.  She said, "God bless you."  I said, "He has.  Let him bless you."  I rolled up my window and watched her go back to begging.  I'm not the type to fall for the cardboard and black marker but for some reason I gave in and gave her a buck.  Nevermind she had a professional nail job.  I don't know what the money she was getting that day was going towards - I may not want to know - but I went out of my comfort zone and gave away something to someone who says they need it more than me.

**************************************

Due to the fantastic weather on Saturday we had our first meal of the year outside!  We love eating outside in the spring and summer.  My little girl was very delighted.  The park was busy!  We joined in the fun of the playground and the little nature trails.  We are an outdoorsy family so we're itching for the weather to remain this way!



**************************************

Who watched The Bible last night?  We entered the New Testament and Jesus was quickly born and shot to his near "end".  I imagine next week they'll crucify him and on Easter we will watch the ascension.  Oh...spoiler alert?

Isn't it odd how you know how the story goes but you're still on edge at some parts?  Last night when Daniel went to hang out with the lions....I knew he'd be fine but I was still like "OH CRAP!"  Then when Herod put out the ruling that all infant boys were to be slaughtered - I knew that was coming!  But I was still on edge.  Oh the power of bringing the written word to the screen.

I can say I am hoping the whole poking out of the eyes is over. 

A lot of people have been complaining about how gruesome this miniseries is.  Well if you ever took a world history class you would not be surprised at the brutality back in the day (and guess what...it still goes on).  Ancient time were nasty times (once again today is still the same).  This isn't "Hollywood" this is history.

Did you like the depiction of Satan?  He was pretty raunchy looking.  I always thought of him as really beautiful and charming and that's how he pulls people in....by looking the part. 

OK didn't you expect Jesus to help Peter pull in those nets of fish a little more than he did?  That stuck in my head ha! 

****************************************

So it is Pinterest week.  Today's make it or break it pin is:

Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies



Apparently, this was on a blog but was taken down or deleted. (I may have figured out why....keep reading).

Claim: Per cookie there are only 36 calories.

I applied my smarts to figure that the cookie dough has: 2300+ calories if I divide that dough into 18 servings (that's one cookie per serving, it is about one tablespoon of dough) I find that each cookie has around 131 calories.  (I guess this may be the culprit for the blog removing the page with the recipe on it....I mean there's a bit of a difference between 36 calories and 131 calories).

Onward ho....I decided to go ahead and make this recipe anyway.  It is an option for those who are avoiding gluten/what/corn/oats from their diets.

The directions said to stir together one cup peanut butter and one cup of sugar first....

Next I had to add my egg and baking powder....

On to the baking sheet they go....

And into the oven....

Here's the full recipe before you get the outcome:

1 cup of peanut butter (I used traditional Jif - if you use a low cal peanut butter you will not save on your cals here because the difference between regular Jif and reduced fat Jif....nothing same cals!  Don't be fooled by labels babies.  There's more carbs in your reduced fat Jif and the same amount of calores.  Gotta be smart cookies!)
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon of baking powder

1.  Mix the peanut butter and sugar together
2.  Add in the egg and baking powder and stir together
3.  I made 1 1/2 inch dough balls and then made them peanut butter cookie pretty with the fork (criss cross)
4.  Place in a preheated oven 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Finale:
Make it!  These are delicious. 

Reality does bite:  these guys aren't any more healthy than a traditional peanut butter cookie.  However, they are better for you than a processed peanut butter cookie.

*************************************************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie

Share this blog!  http://abrownieworld.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!