Friday, March 1, 2013

Marching into March

3.1.2013 I'm not a bad mom, I'm not a bad mom, I'm not a bad mom.


The kid is challenging me - you know the one who can walk, talk, and has ovaries.  I think I hit point break today when my voice decible level hit oh maybe 75 and I said WHY CAN'T I GET THROUGH TO YOU?  Realizing that was making for a bad mommy moment I just threw up my hands and walked away.

Where did I walk to?

The playroom.

Silently, I took the playroom back. It is mine.  It is all mine again.

Ok it is 75% mine....ok it is currently 40% mine.  Talk to me Monday and it will be a good 75% mine.

When I get to a point where I think I'm going to do something that wouldn't be good (as in becoming a sailor and using a lot of French, or if I'm going to bring on an aneurysm) I turn that energy into one of the following:

Cleaning
Running

I ran this morning (C25K is kicking my tail).

So I decided to clean.  I decided to clean the messiest room in this casa de Brownie.  The dungeon known as the playroom.

Initially the play room was to be just that - the play room.  The child would have a place for toys and tv and when it was time to be in time out or sleep she would have her bedroom.  Slowly the playroom became a room of utter chaos.  I was training myself to deal with the chaos of toys, papers, dolls, etc all about the room. Today - that all changed.

Two bags of trash
One bag of donations
One desk gone
One new desk created (from recycled material...I also get very creative when I'm experiencing bad Brownie moments)

I'm feeling so much better.

I still have the playroom couch covered in assorted items that need to be tossed or donated - and I will get to that later tonight.

I'm not sure what it is but after an hour focusing all my anger and sadness (yes she made me sad with her actions and words) I have a new room that I can once again enjoy. 

Maybe instead of letting her escape to the playroom from now on.....mommy will.

Have a great weekend.  See pictures this weekend!

*********************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!