Friday, March 15, 2013

Lets just get drunk and screw....it.

3.15.13 My brother was hit by an old woman.....my brother is not an old woman but drives like one.

Happy Friday to you!  If I didn't know any better I would say today is Good Friday considering the weather here!  Not bragging but it is so sunshiney and pretty out....if it was just a tad less windy and a few degrees warmer I'd be at the park.  But its not so I am....

Driving myself nuts.

Yep, me, myself, I - driving me, myself, I nuts.  Not the kids or dog or husband but Brownie!

Here's the deal and it actually coincides with this week's theme!

I have a love hate relationship with this house.  I love the feel and antique quaintness but at the same time I cuss it.  Currently, I am cussing my decor or lack there of.  I used to love neutrals.  Give me all earth tones you got - browns, greys, whites - whatever feed them to me I loved them.  I loved them because they made sense, they were versatile, they allowed me to decorate for holidays without making a tacky mess. 

Folks, that day has ended.  I am hating my livingroom (but totally thankful to have one, not wanting to sound bratty). 

I am sick of the white, brown, hint of green and hint of pale yellow.  I want.....color.

I need new curtains and I hate curtains.

All I need is the curtains and a few pop-of-color throw pillows and some distinguishing pops on the mantle.  And maybe a piece of art......but I have been looking for a piece of art for about thirty seven years and cannot find anything I just fall in love with.

My kitchen is also breaking my heart.  I do not know what was going on in my head six years ago to make me think sunflowers was the way to go.  Right now the idea of a sunflower makes me want to run to the bathroom, throw up violently for fifteen minutes, then think it is over and begin to back away only to call for ralph another five minutes.  Folks, that is disturbing.

Here's the closest to my current vision that I have.....

I do not want any sunflowers in this house.  It is done.  I will begin removing all the sunflowers very soon.  That will lead to a Lowes trip to purchase four gallons of paint.  That will lead to a trip to Food Lion to purchase four cases of Miller 64.  That will lead to the need for a babysitter.  And then I will be one with this kitchen.  Oh and while I'm at it the cabinets are coming down to get sanded and this freakin' floor is coming up and moving out.

After that is all done....I imagine I'll contemplate moving.

Tis life.

**************************************************

I love this time of year because it is the season of cleaning out and me scoring your deals.  I refer to myself as the Queen of the Tightwads.  It is a compliment.  I live on a budget and am damn proud of it.  If I won the lottery (but that would consist of gambling away a buck or three and that isn't happening) I would still budget.

So....you can imagine the excitement I felt today as I got some goodies at the local MOPS Clothing Exchange.  I told myself I could spend no more than $25.  I spent $23.  The little kid got some cute duds and some necessities (we use bibs like a meth maker uses my allergy medicine), the big kid didn't score much because as the children get older the good stuff gets slimmer. 

And yes....the baby got some toys that his sister thought would be good for him and interesting for her to teach him with.  Oh my!

There were a few yard sale signs out today. I love it!  I didn't go to any but in a month or so I'll be out scouting the good ones and finding some cool things.

I don't just do the second hand deal because I'm a tightwad....I do it because I'm doing my part to help out this big spinning ball we reside on.  I'm not too keen on the continuation of filling up a landfill with stuff that has tons of life left in it.  Unfortunately, a lot of things that we use a few times and decide to rid ourselves of end up in a hole in the earth.  Don't do that.  Sell it.  Make a buck or two.  Donate it.  Make yourself feel good and get a tax write off.

And no I'm not a bleeding heart liberal.  I am a conscience human being on a earth that doesn't belong to me but to the people I'll never meet because I'll be dust in the wind when they are around.

**********************************

Want to guess what my final tip for getting the winter out is?

Go through your closets and have a yard sale!  Woo hoo!  Nothing says spring like making a little green and then getting yourself a new adorable pastel top for the lighty and airy season!

If you have kids you can look into getting in a consignment sale at a church, civic group, etc before May.  Do a yardsale in your neighborhood.  Find a consignment shop (my favorite is Etc on Jonestown Road in Winston - Salem, I use my credit to buy myself a new outfit when they have scrilla for me). 

But do not pack away those winter clothes yet.  You aren't allowed to do that until May 1st.  April can be quite cold!

***********************************

Brownie is looking for a couple items can you help her?

1.  A stroller.  My baby is moving out of the carseat that fits into the snap and go.  It is time for me to find a good stroller for non athletic events (i.e. Target trips, soccer games, etc).

2.  A pet crate for a small to medium dog.  Poor Bertie (shihtzu) needs to be put in a crate when mommy isn't here.  He's getting older and I cannot trust him to have full range of the house anymore.  Bless his heart.

3.  A small kid's soccer goal.  We have to practice and its way better when she has a real goal and not a garden to not let the ball go into.

************************************

I hope you all have a terrific weekend.  Next week I'll be doing a fun theme. If you want to join in send me some of your favorite or interest peaking Pinterest favorites that you want to try but haven't got a chance to.  I'll sift through them and it just may make a posting next week!

Think:  Pinterest Easter Yay and Nay.

************************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie

Share my blog.....please!  http://abrownieworld.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I saw you at Blaise today but I was checking out. I said Hey but You were on a mission so I didn't think you heard me. I got the girls lots of stuff. Take care and have a good one! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! No, I didn't see or hear you! Apologies! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!