Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Family {Planning}: Passionate Mom Dare

Good morning, loves.

Today's post is very quick.  I like to spend a few minutes (maybe hours) every morning reading blog friends' posts and corresponding.  It gets me my fill of laughs for the morning and my fill of deep thought sometimes (you wouldn't believe the new wines and lipsticks out there...hehe).

Last week I was visiting one of my favorite blogs.  Hello Happiness - Natasha is fabulous and gorgeous and always puts up stuff I enjoy.

Anyhoo, she shared Susan Merrill's new book about Being a Passionate Mom.  I clicked and read and was totally suckered in!  It is a good thing to get suckered into!

Sometimes, I feel as if we (or at least I) parent on auto-pilot.  You know, we just nod and say uh huh and give smiles at awkward times?  Well I do that when I get my feel of motherhood.  You need an example?  Lovely - the kids are running around half dressed and screaming and pouring water bottles out on my freshly mopped floor.  How's that one?  

Autopilot well, that's really no way to be.  Let me just remind you (and myself) that these days are numbered and before you know it they are literally graduating high school and moving towards adulthood and away from the needing-mommy-hood!  Today is the day our parenting skills pay off not twenty years from now.  We have to use our time, love, and abilities to make today worth every drop it is made of.  

If we better ourselves as mothers we'll better our memories of these days and our bond with our growing babies.





With August beginning in a matter of hours this is the perfect end of summer, back to school, quality time with thinking and being a better parent time that there would be!

Click Here for the Passionate Mom Dare!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!