Thursday, July 31, 2014

Family {Planning}: The last of summer vacation


Well another summer break is winding down.  I really hate to bring you that news or even type it on my screen.  


However, I did not start this whole summer wind down.  

No, mass retailers did that on July 5th.  Seriously, what is the deal people?  The day after Independence Day they want us to buy binders, computers, and meal plans and then put out Jack-O-Lanterns and get our Christmas shopping on.  


Uncool.

With another two months of sweet summer coming to the sad end it is time to look at our Summer Bucket List and decide what we need to do during the {precious} last three weeks of break.

I started doing the Summer Bucket List with my daughter last year.  It was something fun that she and I could do for our entire family.  Last year we went all out.  We went to the store and purchased poster board and markers and sat on our then stoop porch and made a big ole list of what we'd do over the summer.  This year we made an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock do the job as we sat by the campfire on Memorial Day Weekend.

Of the seventeen things we decided on, sadly, we have only completed four of them.  


To cut myself a slight break one of them is totally unattainable ("Go on a FREE cruise") and another one I'm not quite sure why my husband even mentioned it ("Go to Tennessee for the weekend").  

I like Tennessee but I'm truly unsure of where this came from.  Mainly because we're so tight-wadded-up that I have to plan and plan very hard for any excursion.

From scoping out our list it looks like we'll be headed to the baseball park, dropping a line in some body of water that has fish in it, and having a big ole back yard get together.


Oh and there's always something to add.  My daughter alerted me that she really wanted to see the college I went to.  So now we're planning on a little day trip to visit UNC-Greensboro.  I need a new t-shirt anyway right?  Or hoodie since I'm supposed to be prepping for fall huh?

Let's just agree to push some of the other events into September.  I'm cool with that!

What are you hoping to do before the big cheeses are cruising and picking up kidlets again?

See you tomorrow on Oh Hey Friday! 




4 comments:

  1. Um, can I just say that your daughter is the bomb? And how sweet/cool/awesome is it that she wants to see the college you went to?! Hell, buy HER a t-shirt too!
    As for the free cruise, eh, not sure I'd trust a free one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I've been on a cruise, but never a free one. If you are able to pull that one off fill me in on the secret pretty please =) So cool that your daughter wants to see the college you went to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. died laughing at "dashing through the NO".

    i actually went & graduated from UNCG. it was the perfect school & college experience for me!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!