Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Over Coffee

Ahhh we had a nice weekend.

Friday was spent doing some housework and running errands.  
   

Chick Fil A for some late lunch and play time for the kids.  Aldi for groceries....$60 for a week of groceries, yes please.  Goodwill to find some treasures.  The kids got tons of books for $4.

Friday evening...

  

We enjoyed Customer Appreciation at our local Subway.  For $1.80 you got a medium drink and a six inch sub.  How polite.  Then we played in the yard with the kids til they went to bed.  We closed our evening out with deck sitting under the stars and I sipped my new Flirty Girl White Blend wine....mmm.

Random:  For about ten minutes we tuned into MTV.  I guess I haven't really watched MTV since I was in college.  Whoa things have changed so much!  I felt like an old fart.  Plus, I didn't know ANY of the music they played.  One video we watched was so disgusting.  Big Data = running girls who destroy the world one head butt at a time.  OMG.

Saturday

  

Saturday morning I made sugar cookies (and yes I ate the dough...raw).  Then the kids and I watched Hee Haw.  Do you remember that show?  Ahhh well RFD Network still shows it and the kids love it just as much as I did when I was little!  I also had a lovely email conversation with a fellow blogger who is also from NC!  I live in Western North Carolina and she is from Eastern North Carolina.  Guys this state is like two or three states in one but that is material for another blog post.  It was fun chatting!  I'll have her up on my Oh Hey Friday!

When the hubs got off work the kids went to Nana's.  The spouse and I set out for Surry County where we tubed/kayaked the Yadkin River.  The river was low, the currant was slow, oh no, oh no.  Like my rhyme?

It took quite a while and I remembered why I didn't tube anymore.

Saturday night I watched Shutter Island.  How old.  How disturbing. I cannot handle those story lines ya'll.  Give me comedy!

Sunday

  

Sunday was LAZY!  I love lazy Sundays.  My friend Jennifer and I met for coffee at DD.  She's a nurse who works ALL THE TIME.  Literally - six days a week!  Three at the hospital (hello 12 hours) and four - five at a doctor's office.  Talk about determination and loving her job!  Anyhoo, when we can we meet up for food or coffee.  She enticed me into trying a new coffee.  I'm so boring with my regular with only creme.  This time guys I branched out to frozen.  My heart was stolen it was so good.  It was even better chatting it up with her!


The hubs, my son, and I went to do a little shopping.  Since the hubs lost his flip flops to the river (oops) we had to get some new ones for him.  I love some Rugged Warehouse but I never seem to get there.  Well guys we hit it up and boy did they have some awesome deals....get this starting at $1!  I exercised self control and bought nothing.  Next up one of our favorite places.  I love consignment furniture.  LIKE LOVE IT!  So we walked through the store in that strip mall that offers it.  Ahhh I could spend all day in there.  I did find some things I'm going to "watch"....yay!

After putting the camper down, cleaning the house and a good walk with the kids and spouse we came home to chill.  So, I'm going to admit I'm into RHONJ.  I never got into it before but this year I'm enjoying it (so far).  The hubs watches it with me too!!!

The weekend rocked!

Hope yours did!



4 comments:

  1. Whoa, you did have a good weekend. And careful with that Flirty girl...you'll have a 3rd child if you're not careful! ;)

    And MTV...I can't even think about it. I cringe when I think what my parents thought when I watched it. I feel like an old fart when I casually breeze through the channels now. I'm surprised they were playing videos! The last time I looked, it was a constant stream of shows back to back to back. They should change the name to STV...skank television.

    Oh, and Hee Haw. My grandmother always made me watch that with my Papa when I had to spend the night there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skant TV is about right! No wonder kids are so screw balled if that is what's "cool"....wait girl we just aged ourselves LOL!

      Delete
  2. You got some really good deals this weekend! And totally agree with you on MTV.. it's just trash now. (Minus Teen Mom, I can't help but love that one particular show!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome weekend girl! You scored some great deals! I've heard so much about Aldi, but have never tried it. Do you get all your groceries there? Including meat and produce? I definitely enjoyed our chat this weekend too! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!