Friday, June 21, 2013

VBS Snack Making

Another Vacation Bible School ended last night for my little lady.  We are on the VBS circuit all summer long because my little girl loves VBS so much!  This year attendance has dual roles: fun for my little girl and checking out new places to worship in our area. 

This one that just wrapped up is one of her favorite because it also happens to be where she spent her last year of preschool!

I enjoy seeing her on the last night of the event with her little friends.  Normally it is her friends who do the songs and dance while she opts to sit out - this baffles me, my kid is anything but shy!  However, last night she was jumping, singing and dancing all around! 

To wrap up the week, after the program we had snacks in the fellowship hall.  Participants were to bring in a favorite snack.  I didn't have any mixes on hand and wasn't feeling making anything too elaborate (it is summer) so I opted to make a fun, cheap, and quick recipe! If you have three bucks you can do this too and it only takes about five minutes.





Cookie Dunkers

1 1/2 Cups of Plain or Vanilla Yogurt
 1 container of Cool Whip
1 Box of Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix

Dump everything into a large bowl.
Stir until smooth.
Refrigerate until cold (minimum of an hour).

Serve with animal cookies, graham crackers, whatever tickles your fancy.

It is pretty yummy!


 
Just note that it does "rise" as it "sets up" so after you pull it out don't be surprised if it is a quarter to half an inch above the bowl top!  I didn't know how folks to take to seeing this - it does look mysterious but when I went to load it up I had four people ask for the recipe (and they were all over the age of 25 hehe).
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 

And to wrap up this week of posting a few pics of my babies from yesterday....my little guy will be turning 10 months in just a few days.
 


She loves to mop....thank God!
Lil mess

Harper likes to help load up the dishwasher....and unload....and hide there.....

------------------------------------------------
 
xx
 
Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!