Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Another group of quickies!!!

Continuing this week's theme of quickies....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you wondering what to make for dinner?  I was and then I looked in my freezer - chicken tenderloin strips.

Then I looked in my cupboard (I adore that word, I could say it all day) - Texas Pete, burger buns.

Then I said to my taste buds - spice is nice - and they concurred.

Buffalo Grilled Chix Sandwiches

6-8 tenderloin strips, thawed
1 bottle of Texas Pete (16+ounces)
Black Pepper to taste

Place your strips in a bowl
Douse with Texas Pete (I used 1/3 of the bottle for this portion)
Pepper the chicken
Shake it up
Let marinate a minimum of an hour.

Spray your pan with canola oil or a bit of olive oil, heat to medium and cook your chicken strips thoroughly. 

Place a couple strips on a bun with more Texas Pete and any condiment you wish (ranch maybe?)

Devour.

That was quick and tasty.  I devoured mine way too fast to take a picture so I had to use this picture from cooksrecipes.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My daughter and I had some time yesterday morning to do some chores together without me having to run after the baby.  (He is very mobile now)....

We took to the outdoors and fed our chickens some romaine lettuce and green beans and also collected their eggs.  One of our girls, Elvis (our hens are all named for Southern singers we could care less half of them have men's names), was laying.  My little diva thought it to be a good time to bond with Elvis.  Elvis thought otherwise.  As she went to pet her tail, Elvis Hen decided to show her signature move of rapid beak movement.  No one was harmed but it was a fun moment to watch.

Right now is a great time to see the beautiful tiger lilies growing wild.  I have some bunches in the woods behind our house.  We decided to clip some after digging earthworms for our bitchens.  (Our current top bitchen is really kicking tail feathers these days....I had to scrub the water bucket to get the blood out from the poor soul that got its cone ripped into thanks to her dominating bitchiness)....(and who did she do this to?  Wynonna.  Is there any other name for a Rhoade Island Red?)

Here's a quick way to brighten up your home - clip some wildflowers and set them on your porch or in your kitchen.  This is something I adore doing and now my little girl likes it too.  This is the first one she's helped me with - all from our woods.




You can teach your child about the awesomeness of the earth and also open their eyes to a whole new world in their back yard.  Don't have a back yard?  Try a Farmer's Market or a Public Park.  (However, the park may not be so happy about you picking flowers....even though technically you paid for them!)

Making bouquets can really get the creativity flowing.  Boys also enjoy this but the bugs are a bit more enticing for them! 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you a stay at home mom or a stressed to the max working mom who struggles over a good weekend adventure but also time to get things done or time to herself?  I have a solution. 

Take the kids swimming or to a splash pad or just turn the sprinkler on in the yard.  Give them a couple hours in the water and reward yourself when they pass out at home.  Water wears little humans out....proven fact.



Unless its my 9 month old....

Celebrating today my five year old being a total big kid and swimming in the "deep end" with no kick board - all on her own!!!  So proud of her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great Tuesday before long it will be gone with the wind just like Lynard Skynard says.


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!