Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

How was your weekend?

I seriously cannot find one complaint about mine.  It was a great couple of days in June.  I got to do a few things I love to do....play with my chickens and now pig (did I not mention that?), play with my mini humans, and spend some time with my family as a whole (kids + hubby). 




---------------------------------------------------------

I had no plans for Father's Day.  All I figured I could do was grill some steaks (no propane), hang out by the pool, and let him work on whatever he wanted to or watch whatever he wanted to on tv (with no complaints from me). It isn't because I'm inconsiderate, that I made no plans, its because I have no money!  Honesty is brutal.  Its true.  I don't make money he does I just pay the bills and run the roost.  I think it would have been quite tacky for me to buy him something with his own cash so I opted against purchasing anything.

Don't misconstrue that as I don't really care about Father's Day.  I do...now.  It is a day where good dads should be rewarded for being good dads.  Not everyone gets a quality father when they're dealt their parental cards.  Trust me. My husband is an excellent dad.  He loves his kids and tells them and shows them.   He spends time with them and they adore him.  There aren't many dads that do that out there. 

I helped my little girl make a "Daddy Survey" for my husband for Father's Day.  I found it on Pinterest and it basically was about ten questions your child answers about his or her dad. 

Some of my favorite questions and answers -

How old is your dad?  She said 26 (he wishes) :-)

What does your dad do really well?  She said hula hoop (he looks more like he's going into a grand mal seizure when he tries to hula hoop).

I couldn't bake him a cake or anything because he has an aversion to sweets.  So .... yeah.

When we woke up on Sunday he offered up a trip to IHOP.  Who says no to pancakes?  No one in this house.  After he loaded up the kids he said we would go to Dan Nicholas Park too.  That's a favorite of ours: bears, rides, and the playgrounds check!  After time well spent and the baby falling asleep we went to the pool for an hour and then to visit his dad.

The night ended up with two munchkins asleep and us old farts sitting on the couch.  My husband watched Trouble With The Curve while I read the paper.  (Sorry but I cannot stand Clint Eastwood's theatrics...a little too cheese ball for me).

If you can't see the beauty in this day then you're missing the forest for the trees.  My hubby could have said -I'm going golfing see ya in ten hours or he could have opted to do a blue million things on his day minus me and the kids...but he didn't.  He spent Father's Day doing daddy stuff - eating pancakes with two little crumb crushers, looking the bears, bobcats, and birds, swimming around a cement pond, and putting the two little jewels that allow him to celebrate this day to bed.

I love my husband.  He's an awesome dad.

------------------------------------------------------------

Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!