Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chickens n Babies

I love this time of year because I can get out and spend time with my bitchens.  If you are a new reader that is what I call my chickens.  I have eleven hens - a brown sex link who is my favorite, a couple Australorps, some RI Reds, and one that well I'm not sure what her breed is.  I've been told Leghorn but I'm not so sure.

My little girl loves her chickens.  I've got countless photos of her playing with her birds.  She enjoys going in the coop to be the head hen in charge. 

Yesterday, I finally had a chance to really introduce the baby to our birds.  He's seen them before through the wire and he's touched them when I pick them up and bring them out to him but this time he got on their level.  His big sister was at her Nana's for the day so he and I took to the coop.

He loves the birds and they like him too.

Over the weekend a friend of ours brought the riding toy to us.  Its been a major success as far as riding toys go.  He loves it.  We call it his farm truck now.






After we cleaned out the coop and rallied up the free rangers I took a couple fun pictures....


Do you see her?



She is our most stubborn in the group.  She has been here three years and is deathly afraid of us while the others don't even pay us any attention.  I cannot catch her to get her back in the coop so she'll forever be a yard bird I guess.



Have a great day


Brownie (the bird)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!