Monday, June 3, 2013

The half way mark of 2013

6.3.13

Holy beach balls it is June 3rd and I haven't even had a chance to blog a HAPPY JUNE to you guys!  So without further ado read the last five words of that sentence again.

June is the half way mark of the year.  So we are now half way through with 2013 and halfway to the holidays.  I know, I know, you didn't want to hear that.  Me either but today as I was unloading the car this thought hit me:

Why do we call the holiday season the busiest time of the year when it is clearly the end of May and first of June?

Let me back this thought up -

1.  School is ending - that alone entails a lot of work.  You have end of grade testing, preschool/fifth grade/eighth grade/high school/college graduation, end of various extras your child(ren) are involved in which means dinners, awards, programs, etc. 

2.  Your purchasing changes completely.  You were sailing along and BOOM summer hits so you are now getting extras for the grill, pool, beach trip, mountain trip, daycare, camp days.

3.  The social calendar is picking up thanks to the BBQ friendly weather (by BBQ I mean burgers, steaks, dogs, not chopped pork).

Ok after evaluating that list I am seeing that this time of year and the time we hit in six months are pretty identical....but this one has much better weather.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a great way to kick off your summer - have your water quit working in your home.  Oh yeah that's a cool start.  Friday night the water just basically decided it needed a break and we needed to spend some cash.  Saturday morning our plumber came out and had it working again by noon. 

I could not have survived before the aqua ducts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to make some amendments to my money saving grocery tips.  I am done with the Harris Teeter Super Double Bullcrap.  It works for those who choose to buy things they don't need or things that are really bad for them.  I took part in the madness on Friday only to find that I could have purchased the exact same goods with my coupons not being doubled or tripled and saved tons of money had I went to Food Lion. 

I'm not bashing Harris Teeter.  I love the place but I am done with the Super Double Coupon Hoarder Support Group week.  I will say that the deals I got on Pampers were great ($6.99). 

Thank you Food Lion for not being showy and keeping costs down.  I will not leave you again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite thing about summer is the pool.  That pool was ready for my five year old this weekend - I have decided five year olds have no working nerves when it comes to temperatures.  She literally jumped into what I would estimate was seventy-five degree water and swam her rear off for hours.

I kinda miss that aspect of life.  No worries, no cares, just jump in, giggle and have fun because life is all about the moment you are in.

That's a good motto for the summer of 2013.

We're going to have fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy some sunscreen -


Brownie


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!