Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wow Wednesday: Spring Clothing {laughing}

One of my weaknesses this time of year is refitting my closet for a new (much more fun) season.  I decided to take to the internet and find some fresh new looks for 2014.
Here are some of the gems I found worth sharing:


1.  Are you wasting time sud-sing up?

Spring 2014 Makeup Trends - The Best Makeup Looks from Spring 2014 Fashion Week - Harper's BAZAAR

Good news bitches!  The wet look is apparently back.  No more wasting time washing your hair.  We can all look like nasty kids and emit odors all in the name of fashion!  How will you do your wet look?  Extra oil?  Extra product?  Or all natural?  Just go natural and save on your shampoo budget!

2.  Bedding Dresses

A model walks the runway at the Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2014 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week

I am nearly 100% sure my grandma had this spread on her bed from 1992-1996.  Glad to see it can be re-purposed as a dress that looks like a hot mess of i-just-got-busted-in-a-bad-way....

3.  A little black dress

Sheer black dress with structured bodice and intricate patterns, symmetry & texture; couture close up; fashion details // Tom Ford

Tom Ford really knows how to design a great black dress.  This would be appropriate for most normal American women to have for a little evening outing right? (And yes this is classified as a little black dress...no cocktail or formal or lets get nekkid)...Oh and this is all I could show of this piece.

4.  Child Inspired

Street Style Milan Fashion Week Spring 2014 love this shirt!

I hope Carter's gets a kick back on this.  I mean how many times have you looked at your two year old's pajamas and thought, I really wish I had a shirt in that cut and pattern?  Yep, well BOOM! its out there now.

5.  Flattery

Petite celebrity style bomb :: Victoria Beckham

I guess those darn Amish are really taking the English by the horns.  Yep, that's Posh spice in an obvious shout out to all Amish and Anabaptists out there.  What the hell Posh?  I mean if it makes that waif look like a mountain of a woman then um....yeah burn it and fast.  (I keep going back to look at this disaster....seriously who?)

6.  Lets go French and repent!

Moschino Spring 2014

Oh my God?  This is from Milan.  This is something I so want to wear not ever. HOWEVER, if I ever see a nun sporting either of these looks I'll be attending mass at her church because I don't think I'll be falling asleep.

7.  Now this is French!

Maria Escote Spring 2014 #MBFW Madrid #MillionDollarShoppersGianna #milliondollarshoppers

Yeah this is totally what I think of when I think French.  I need this for Easter Sunday when Madge and I go to the mass of those nuns above this one.  That's hot.....IF YOU'RE BY THE DAMN POOL.  Be honest, you see a girl wearing that and you're like "OMG its a real hooker!"

8. Michael Kors

Katie Holmes at the Michael Kors Spring 2014 fashion show - Fashion Police - Us Weekly   - ugly ++

I used to like him.  Then he started making clothing for my grandma circa 1993.

9.  Hello Sir

Stockholm Street Style Spring 2014 #fashion #outfit #style

What?  You're packing a vagina?  Whoa.  Sorry sir, I mean MA'AM!

10.  Birds of a feather

Street Style: Paris Fashion Week Spring 2014. Wow skirt....Valentino Gravani?

Live up her skirt obviously.  And why is it that now the old lady colored rinses are so damn awesome?  I mean really I spent many years staring at blue haired, lavender haired, and peach haired old ladies and wondering when they went color blind.  Now, I see my peers going for easter egg grey by bottle hues.  The world is crumbling huh?

11.  Fears

The fabric not the dress

I am going to be honest and say I love this dress (even though I'm not a fan of florals such as this).  However, my greatest fear on a dress like this is that I show the portal that my children entered the world through....


The Hump Day Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I love the floral one too, though I'd never wear it either! Blimey Posh spice ... normally she gets it quite right but maybe the darling buds of spring are making everyone barmy?? Love the wet look & bedding dresses also. The french maid catwalk hat made me laugh out loud. Thanks for this post! I found you bloghopping - so I'll be back to check out your future ones :)

    Thrifty Firecracker x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I can see your fear and dislike with fashion altogether. I just pray folks on the street do not start popping up like runway models.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!