Friday, February 28, 2014

5 Minute Friday: Choose

Five Minute Friday


Time for the 5 Minute Friday Link Up!

The word today is "choose"  5, 4, 3, 2, 1....go!

Choose what a big word that I doubt we give much thought to.  What we choose will determine so much about our day, our life and what legacy we leave.

I choose eggs or cereal?  Minimal choice but affects my morning and when I'm ravenous again!

I choose my profession.  Big choice and with that choice will bring happiness or a feeling of loss.

I choose my family.  It is a choice you know.  Sure, you may have been born into that family against your will but you ultimately will choose if you stay around them or part ways.  You will also choose your mate and how many little ones you'll have if you are given that choice that many aren't.

I choose my beliefs.  That is powerful because I live somewhere that that piece of my life isn't chosen for me.  I live somewhere where I am able to choose such an important factor in own personal world.

Things would be so different if we weren't granted free will.  There would be no choice and there would be no magnificent rainbow of people if we were all robots or Stepford gals.  With that free will comes a hard, hard road though.  Temptation for the bad is always something on the buffet of what we can choose and we have to be very very careful to take a step back and make sure our choices are not ill willed or hurtful.  It is hard to do that and we will all leave a bruise somewhere by so many choices we make.

Choose what is good.  Choose the best option at all times.  Choose with a good head and a strong heart.

And this life will be so much easier.

End.

I could go on and on...what a ramble!





2 comments:

  1. Freedom of choice is such a blessing (though sometimes it feels like a curse when I don't want to decide :) ). Wonderful post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading/coming by!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!