Tuesday, February 18, 2014

But seriously

So you noticed I didn't put up anything to do this week in my latest Monday, May I? post.

I'm following up on that today.

I've always been a list maker, a to-do-tasker, a write-it-down-to-scratch-it-off person.  Total-type-a.  I think I let it get me to a point of just being a stressed out, dry skinned, constantly PMSing cracker.  

Instead of keeping me organized it started keeping me irritable and sad.


Every time I looked at my lists I had to rewrite them because apparently I had organized them in some weird importance system and after review I gave them the wrong numbers.

See...it was leaving me freakin' insane.


I had an epiphany at some point over the past six days.

I don't know exactly when I walked to the top of the mountain and heard a great and powerful and mighty voice say "Stoppit huzz."  But it did happen.


You know what?  I've been running this house for the past 8 years and guess what....we ain't drowning baby dolls.  The shiz gets done because I like to get shiz done.  Why did I feel like I was a slacker?

The checkbook gets balanced regularly.  I secretly think I should have been an accountant because I am psychotic about knowing where every penny goes.

The homework gets done.  

The people get fed.  Though last week sucked with recipes.


I don't need to stress over the house looking like a family of four lives in it.  Guess why?  Because a family of four (including 2 kids under 10) does indeed live up in this piece.

There's no point in running myself around in circles over housework and to do lists.  I'm missing out on my life when I sit in sadness of a list half completed.  I'm missing out when I think things need to be so much better than they are.  

My life is awesome sauce.


There's no point in stressing about tasks at hand when no one else is giving it two thoughts and a raise or promotion is no where in view, on the radar, or in the cards of possibility.

My life isn't a list of things to do and if I sit around making one then guess what.....it won't be lived if I'm worrying over stupid crap that doesn't do anything but give me diarrhea.




So yeah....I didn't give myself a few extra stupid things to do here and there.  I'm taking a break from that for a while.  I suggest you do it too.  Well...unless you are a total slacker anyway then you should probably get your ass in gear over something worthwhile.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!