Sunday, February 9, 2014

Nine Years

Today I pulled out my Barbie pink lipstick....you know the color you always wore.

It looked so good on that ivory skin with that white hair.

You were young to me.

God decided to let you always be young to me.

Today I went out in the sunshine and raked the dead leaves from the flower beds.

We used to do that from the time I was knee high to a grasshopper to the the time I was a couple inches taller than you.

There's a yearning in me to sit on the porch and watch the cars pass by and have a conversation.

That's what we did.

I do so much that I learned from just watching you....

I cook and love it

I bake and deal with it

I clean this house and do the laundry the same way you did

I read my Bible and make some notes

There's a lot of hurt that came with losing you

Realizing that my babies won't know you the way I did

Realizing that you are part of my memories and not my present day

After nine years it has became easier

Only because I know you're in heaven

I know one day we'll sit in a yard chair and talk again

I'll hug you again

I'll see that Barbie pink lipstick and that pretty smile

It won't just be a memory anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!