Thursday, April 7, 2016

The $#it Holes I've Stayed In....

Vacation season has started.  I've enjoyed all the pictures and posts on blogs, IG, FB, etc.  I really adore looking at vacay pics!

But it had me thinking about the trips of my childhood, college years, and earlier in my marriage.

Folks, I stayed in some major sh*t holes.  And today I want to share some of them with you!

Woo hoo.

So grab a cup of Mountain Dew or Aristocrat or PBR and let's get this rodeo started.

Ship Ahoy - North Myrtle Beach, SC 199?
So my first and maybe ONLY beach trip with my paternal side of my family happened in the 90's totally prior to 1995.  The ride down was in a Dodge Neon and I was sandwiched between two kids younger than myself.  Our accomodations were at the fabulous Ship Ahoy.

Cinder block walls, a pukey pink color with some navy accents.  Oh heck yes.

Ship Ahoy Motel, P. O. B. 216 Cherry Grove Beach South Carolina

The most recent photo of the place - bahahahaha - they shut her down a few years back.

Geez it was a dive.

The Teddy Bear
Cherokee, North Carolina 1995

I hate to admit this but I stayed there as a 13 year old child.  My mom and dad were home because my brother was to enter the world at any time.  Once again I was off with my paternal side of the family - hey they made for memorable vacations!  I always smile thinking of them.

The destination for this trip was Pigeon Forge not Cherokee but we stayed the night at this beautiful mountain side lush er place.



This place was horrible.  I know it is still open so maybe it is way better in 2016.  But whatever - the toilet was full of bugs, the mattresses had rat holes in them, and there was a bat in the room.  We were getting the nature feel inside this hell hole.

They did have a pool and it was neon green.  I figure it was radioactive or they used antifreeze to keep it flowing.

Surfside (Motor) Lodge
Carolina Beach, NC  2003 & 2010

Yes, you read that right.  One trip wasn't enough I had to go to a total dump twice.  The first time I was in college and we had all these intentions to go to Myrtle Beach - and we did - but we were bored and decided to just drive back up to NC and check in at this shadiest of shade places in Carolina Beach.



Yeah.  That is hot.  And super flammable.

The first trip there was that room - I'm pretty sure.  However, it had a 20 inch tv that was black and white picture only.  The shower hadn't been touched since 1970???  Oh it was bad but we got over it.

In 2010 it was a pure hell hole.  There were half naked children running around, people were leaving saucers of food out for ferrell cats - in the building - and the ferrell children were eating the food off the saucers.  The room was under a stairwell.  It stunk, I cried.

Eww.

The Rainbow Court Motel
Myrtle Beach, SC  2006

Well this one, yeah this one.

My bestie and I decided to take off for a weekend and we booked the cheapest room we could find.  We stayed drunk....just so we could sleep in that thing.

Between the biker guy (who probably had no actual home) who kept his bike on the walkway in front of our room, and the questionable owner (english not necessary to conduct business!) it was a true gem of poop.



Ugh look at the sign - Welcome Bac(teria) K.....we should have known!

I hope you laughed today while reading.

If you like any of these places then I'm sorry.

xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!