Monday, April 11, 2016

Tales From The Pasture...



Here's an update from this part of the world...

Molly left the pasture a couple weeks ago.  She returned to her original owner and I hear is doing fabulously!  Yay, Molly!

In her place a new girl has entered the pasture. Her name is Prissy Buns.  And once again we are faced with the challenge of having a horse that is for an intermediate rider in the pasture of a beginner rider.

And we're riding...

Prissy is a sweet girl who I have bonded with.  She just really doesn't want anyone on her back.  She wants ear scratches, rubs, brushes, and apples.  My favorite thing is that she gives you hugs for them.  Yes, my heart is slightly melted with this huge Quarter Horse.

Unfortunately, my daughter is scared of her.

You have to see everything as an opportunity to learn.  I'm using Prissy as an example of how to build a relationship of trust and love.  With more focus on becoming friends than saddling up that eight year old girl may learn a key concept to life.

You just never know.

Over the weekend we went to look at a paint horse named Joe.  This gelding melted her hearts and broke them at the same time.  He was obviously malnourished (we could see ribs and hip bones) and his feet were in horrible shape.  It unnerved me a bit.  OK more than a bit.

Joe needs a home badly and he needs food badly.  He has no pasture to graze and is only getting 2 cups of feed a day (or so we were told.)  I really want to find a rescue group to get this sweet boy out of his misery.

My husband and I wanted him badly but with our schedules there is no way we could give him the attention he needs.  Turning him out in the pasture would lead to foundering and that cannot happen on our watch.

If you are in our area (North Carolina) and interested in or knows someone who may be interested in this guy please email me at abrownieworldblog@gmail.com and we'll get the ball rolling.

Not the best picture but there they all are!

This weekend we spent a lot of time on the tractor prepping our land for this week's big event - grading our property!  The kids love it when the tractor is out and the hubby does too.

We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows by the fire on Sunday afternoon.

One of the best parts of the weekend?  An impromptu lunch with  my bestie and her family on Saturday!  We happened to both be in town and could meet up to eat pizza!

Did I take a picture - ugh no, stupid me.

So that's this week notes from the pasture.  Next week there will be more fun stuff to report and I cannot wait!

Let's have a great week!















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!