Monday, August 8, 2016

Jam Packed Post (Around Our Nest!)

Maybe you hate your job and love when you don't have to go there, or, you love your job so much that you give 300% and collapse come Friday evening, cuz you're ready for a well-deserved, much needed break!  I love my job, I work hard, and I love the weekends!:

Hi friends!  How was your weekend?


Around here it was pretty nice :)  Here's the quick run down of what non outlandish stuff we did.





On Friday I finished up work around 1:00 and knew that I did not want to hang out around the house with the kids.  I pulled the cleaning stuff out of the car, put the kids in, and we ran errands.  Of course running errands meant I decided to go to Party City (absolutely nothing fitting the bug or horse theme in stock!), Toys R Us (is it just me or are those stores nasty?), Chicfila (peace be with you), Target (clearance score), Shoe Carnival (waste of time), and Hobby Lobby (never with small children).



Target Clearance:  2 shirts for little man for less than $3, jeans for the hubby for $7.50.  Almost low enough for those $10 at Target posts!
This is epic sadness.  I love Christmas but not on August 5th.  My kids were in awe of the nutcrackers.


Wait, what?

We wrapped up our Friday evening by hitting up Krispy Kreme and getting a dozen of hot original glazed.  I think this is the cue to inform you I have ate like crap all weekend.


After the kids were tucked into bed I watched Cops because it is my all time favorite show.  My favorite line:  "She was all good until she saw me get the Jimmy Dean sausage."

The kids were out the door Saturday morning to go to a day time VBS in Statesville with my mom's husband.  I was a little lazy after they left.  I had envisioned sleeping late, drinking coffee in bed, reading, you know the stuff you see on Pinterest.  Instead, I did my nails, walked the dog, gave said dog a bath, and went to Walmart.

This is real life.


Since I didn't have the kids I walked all over Walmart and decided they didn't have crap.  I also hit up Sally Beauty Supply to get my shampoo - I could spend a while in there too.  Now that I have my Sally Card again I may be in there more than I have been in the past six months, shhhh!  Next door to Sally's is Shoe Show.  I know this is a regional shoe store but I generally have great luck there.  I went in excited to finally get a new pair of sneakers and of course everything I tried on felt bad and then I realized their prices were jacked up from the last time I went in.  The sales lady informed me i was because of back to school and they would come back down after Labor Day.  Can I just say that I cannot wait that long and the struggle to find good sneakers is really wearing on me?  Being honest.

One of the best parts of Saturday was shopping next door to my house.  I have highlighted Snoring Horses Vintage & Antique before on the blog and now I must tell you they are the best neighbors for so many reasons and maybe the worse neighbors too LOL - I mean every time we pop in we pop out with less money than we had before!

OK OK here is one of our newest pieces!



We also (not at Snoring Horses) picked up two Barred Rock hens for our coop. My husband has been wanting Barred Rocks for a while.  My favorite chickens are Buff Orpingtons but they aren't quite as hardy as our Rhoade Islands or the Barred Rocks so I will fuhgettaboutit.


 BIG NEWS:  My revive box from Influenster arrived!  I put a mini vlog on the Facebook page about it.  Over the course of August I'll be sharing about the products I received and my thoughts and feelings on them.  Honesty is the best policy so you will only get the truth about whether you should drop those dollars or not.  This month my box is helping me get back on track with my fitness. I'll be testing out some protein shakes.  For you beauty counter baby dolls I'll be testing out two shampoos.  So stay tuned!

Did I tell you Saturday was date night?  Well Saturday was date night!  Our first date night since Memorial Day Weekend - that is just stupid.  Now that I think about it we did have dinner out with out kids one night in June.  So maybe, in reality, we had a dinner date night on June 10th.




This past Saturday we headed to Mooresville to have dinner and go bowling.  My husband's coworker invited us and it was a fun time.  We had dinner at a very chilled out place called Kickback Jack's and then went and bowled four games at George Pappas Victory Lanes - I suck at bowling but I won three of four games.

How my son stayed awake until almost midnight is a mystery I may never solve.  When we got home the sitter and kids were all hanging out on the couch.  I was in total shock the three year old was still going strong - I had to wake him up at 8 AM and then he spent all day at VBS and then he failed to nap at all.  People talk about bottling kids' energy well that's the first one you should start with!

Sunday fun day.  We missed church services because our kids were at my mom's church for a VBS service and lunch. My goals were to take my dog to get some exercise - she's seriously a fatty and once again try to find some sneakers.  We did just that!  It was only eighty-three degrees but man oh man was it humid!  The hubby and I got in about 2.5 miles and had a good time.

Our day was great with some pool time, throwing the football around, and yard work.  



This week on the blog we're talking vacation prep, blogger love, and birthday headaches!  I hope you'll be checking in and reading.  Don't forget to like the Facebook page, add me on Snap Chat, and follow me on IG!


xo -
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!