Monday, August 29, 2016

Weekend Recap: Let me share my fantasy

In case you didn't know the blog got a face lift.  I kind of like it.

How was your weekend?  Was it fabulous?  I hope so!  Here's a smidgen of what went down over in our neck of the woods.

Friday...


The daughter spent the morning birthday shopping with her Grandma Joyce.  She spent the afternoon cleaning her room.  

The son played, ate, took a bath for fun.  You know good ole four year old activities.

The husband worked.

The me unit worked on cleaning up the house because of this huge deal that the birthday party scheduled for the pool on Saturday may be uprooted to my house instead.  Yes, freaking out slightly?  I did that!  

Then I decided, "Hey we should pile up and go to Target this evening with five million other people who are back to school shopping!  We need to finish up so let's go insane with everyone else on this side of the world!  It will be fun!"  

I fueled up on Dunkin Donuts prior to going in the store.  Can I just say for the first time in at least 14 years my kids were perfect in the store?  Like little aliens must have inhabited their bodies OR the popcorn at Target has some drug that makes kids fun to be around in a store that has a toy section.

Everyone knows when you are at Target you end up getting more than what you set out for.  I did very well this trip and threw in some clothes hangers (needed), descaling solution for the ole Keurig (needed), and some ELF Red Carpet lipstick (addicted), oh and a bottle of Cabernet (needed).  Those were not on my Back To School lists (but why not?) and I got them because:

Clothes hangers are endangered around this home
Coffee is needed to appropriately make it through school mornings and evenings.
Red lipstick boosts my self esteem.
Cabernet - self explanatory.

After the kids went to bed on Friday I sipped my Cabernet-nay and watched the Panthers run around a field and totally prove they aren't really sure what football is.  

Y'all, Saturday was no joke.  I feel like we woke up and hit the ground running.  Well kind of literally.  When I got up Saturday I put on my New Balances and took to the pavement.  Did you catch Blog & Jog on my Snap Chat? (abullnojoke)

It was birthday party day for the boy.  The game plan was a pool party but the pool had a case of the algae so I had to do a quick change and adjust the shindig to be in our backyard.  I have to give a huge shout out to Zuru Bunch O Balloons.  If you didn't get these this summer then get some for the upcoming holiday weekend.  They are fabulous water balloons you can fill up easily (and all at once) with you water hose.  The kids had a blast with the balloons and water guns!






My baby boy really enjoyed his little party!  Mom and dad did too.

After the party I had to rush to get ready for the yearly fantasy football draft.  My husband is in a league (that sounds stupid, I mean he doesn't play, it's all fantasy) with guys from his work.  I go for moral support and the view -



This year a guy was a no show.  Guess who got to join in?  This girl.  At first I thought I would pick my players by their looks (Gronkowski, anyone?  I got him!) then I decided I may need to be a bit more strategic.  So this girl was reading stats for about two hours on her phone.

He's on my team.  That seems to be enough.



In case you care and I know you really don't here are my players -

Randall Cobb
Rob Gronkowski
Cam Newton *Realizing I just stated the Panthers looked back on Friday night*
Some kicker 
The LA Rams Defense
The Snead guy who plays for New Orleans
John Brown (I didn't make that up)
Thomas Rawls
Tyler Lockett
Frank Gore
Danny Woodhead

Let's be honest: if any of these guys walked up to me I wouldn't know them.  Wait, I would know Cam Newton and Gronk but the others?  No, no clue whatsoever.

I feel confident these boys will bring me the trophy.

I also feel confident that you will like the name of my team:



Oh my husband won a trophy!

I'm not sure what kind of pose that is but it looks like he lost his arms in trendy night club.

You can't see it but it's a toilet bowl.  Why?  His team last year came in last place AKA it took a dump.  Get it?  Toilet trophy = took a dump?

Yeah childish but this is a man's thing.

Wait...it was.

Sunday...
I loaded up the kids and we went to church.  Everyone prayed over the kids who were all asked to bring their backpacks.  They also got a little reminder that the church loves them and is praying for them all this school year.  Have I mentioned how much I love this place?

Since it was the last day of summer break we found our way to the pool.  After 48 hours and TONS of work it was clear to swim; and boy did those kids swim!  They laughed and were little fish for two hours!

We wrapped up our little man's birthday festivities and started our daughter's!  Our extended family members came over for cake.  My mom made a layered pound cake with chocolate butter creme icing that she added espresso to.  WHAT?!?!  It's a kids party, mom!  But it was all good.  

This picture captures their personalities so well.  He's bubbly and bouncing all around.  She always has the gears turning and is thinking and prepping for whatever may be next.


Since this was the first school night of the year the kids were bathed and in pajamas by 8.  I started semi freaking out over the schedule and trying to make too many lists to keep me organized for the week ahead.  Seriously though - it is not going to be too tough!

After the kids were all tucked into bed I enjoyed a nice glass of Cabernet.  

Why, thank you!

And now we're rolling into Monday....

Here we go!

encouraging bible verses for back to school - scripture for kids - parenting with purpose - creating a God-centered home:

xo-
Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!