Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Prepping Day 4

5.16.13

A little bidney first.  I've been sharing my little workout thing with you guys and strive to lose some poundage.  Well a big day today - I posted on FB & Twitter.  I am wearing pre-pregnancy clothes and they aren't the larger size!  I attribute my success thus far to - 1.  Drive  2. Determination  3.  Body Pump  4.  Calories under control  5.  Cardio.

I'm an addict - to sweating.

Second -  You guys can skip this and go on to drinking if ya want! Some of you caught wind of this issue here about a high school.  My gosh you guys its so out of control stupid!  I want to preface this with this message:  I hate politics.  I don't care if it is elephant or donkey I just hate it all.  We pay these people to smile and lie to us - sickening.  The Bible talks about political systems and it basically says that they are corrupt (I'll get that passage for you asap) yet we need to just go along with it and keep faith number 1. 

Ok preface done.  I am so over the Republican party.  Look, I'm not trying to lose blog readers I'm just venting my feelings and I'm not alone.  I am a southern girl who has a moderate view.  I come from a long line of straight ticket reps but this girl is not one of those.  I'm not an Obama Lover and I'm not a Republican Lover - I'm a common sense, get the job done right girl and neither side seems to be able to understand that. 

Today I read that an elected rep for our district in NC - who grew up in this community - voted against education.  His mom was a teacher.  Slap, sting, burn, ouch.  Oh well she's retired what should he care about it.  I imagine the undisclosed amount of money that lined his back pocket allowed him to vote to put the control of education in the hands of ill-willed county commissioners.  Commissioners who are long overdue for coronary blockages due to the high levels of shit they are filled with.  Then again coronary pertains to the heart and these people lack that muscle...they're all just big lumps of adipose tissue wasting society's time and money. 

This is why the Republican ticket is falling apart across the board.  They aren't out of touch with the mainstream - they just don't care about the mainstream population.  They don't give a left foot about what is best for people other than their own buddies and themselves.  Notice - it is not just in Washington but in every small municipality across this crumbling nation.

Education down the tube thanks to bad election choices.

I hope the teachers say enough is enough.  Maybe Private schools will start paying good money (which isn't hard to beat considering what the government sets teacher pay at) so the teachers can give the government controlled schools a big fat --- forget you!

All I can end with is this - new blood.  New blood in the government on the local, state, and federal level.  It is time to out every person sitting and get them replaced with fresh ideas, good plans that can come to fruition, and a required -working- common sense area of the brain.  You know....bring back the George Washington mentality who felt being paid to be the president was a crazy idea and serving your country to the best of your ability was the basis for your job and your heart was for your country and countrymen. 

End of rant.

------------------------------------------------------------

Lets drink!

Here we go with Summer Prep Day 4!  It is all about food and drink so lets get started!

Summer screams out a few words at me:

Tequila!
Rum!
More tequila!
More RUM!

Then I hear word such as:

Pina Colada!
Sangria!
Margarita!
Holy pepita!

Sometimes other words come to me:

Pineapple!
Strawberry!
Lemon!
Coconut!

Who is thirsty now?  For this special Summer Prep I urge you to get rid of the frilly coo coo glasses and go buy a case of mason jars.  Nothing says simple, summer pleasure as much as the glass of the summer.  Mason, Atlas, Ball it doesn't matter - they are inexpensive and make drinking iced tea, cool water, or a cocktail that much better.  Get some fun straws while you are at it.

Here are some great and cheap fixes for your summer buzz -

Salty Chihuahua   

For this you need:

Orange Liqueur
Tequila
Grapefruit Juice
A Chihuahua takes a margarita bath while vacationing on the beach.  Stock Photo - 8882716
This is so easy and so good.

First step:
You need some ice in that glass

Second step:
3oz of tequila (it doesn't matter what you buy if you cannot afford Patron grab some Jose....just watch yourself around Pepe he can be pretty gnarly).
1.5oz of orange liqueur (your choice who cares who makes it)
7.5oz of grapefruit juice

Third step:
Shake it up baby now...shake it up baby...twist and shout

Fourth step:
Drink up!


A really good margarita 

I come today to tell you that buying that bucket of sandy margarita mix was a bad decision.  What exactly is in that powder?  Here's a fresh margarita for little to no cost (besides the tequila) for you.

Step one:

Make your simple syrup.
1 cup plain jane sugar
1 cup water

On pour it in a pan, heat it up, let it come to a rolling boil, whisk that sugar so it melts.
Remove from heat.
Pour in a big ole fat jar and fridge it baby.  It needs to get COLD - so let it sit in there an hour or so.

Step two:
Margarita with salt and lime with pitcher and palm tree in background. Stock Photo - 1005833
1 lemon
1 lime

Ready, set, juice them!  Both juices in one container.  Juice the hell out of them you need that nectar of the dental devils!

Step three:

When the syrup is cold...
When the juices are ready....

Get a jar
Put some ice in it
Salt the rim if ya wanna (not me, yucko)
1 shot of tequila
1 shot simple syrup
1/2 shot lemon lime juice

(That's for you proper people)


Goddess Nectar

This is a pretty drink - and most of you know this drink well.  It is Sangria!  We love Mexican Wine!

1 orange cut in halves or circles
1 lemon cut in halves or circles
1/2 cup of strawberries halved
1 bottle of White Zin of your choice (just try to steer clear of that cheap rubbing alcohol at Walmart)
1/2 cup white rum (which Brownie despises but you need for this drink....only drink dark people)
Lemon Lime soda of your choice

In a very large and pretty glass pitcher or jug place every bit of your fruit
Next pour in your wine
Then pour in your rum
You can opt to stir a bit/mash a bit or you can just cover it and put it in the fridge for a night

When you serve this up the next day (lets say you run out of coffee and you need something to get you going this may just be the answer.....hahaha I make myself laugh).....top each glass off with your lemon lime soda (so fill the glass 3/4 full with the sangria and then the last 1/4 should be soda) and you can thank me later.

------------------------------------

All that drinkin' can only mean one thing - you better get your eat on baby!

From Kathy in Tennessee:

This is too easy chicken, no this is too good chicken, no this is too easy and too good chicken.  She emailed me that....so I have renamed it (at her approval):

Kathy's Orgasmic Chicken (Affectionate acronym KOC)

I haven't tried it but she was so adamant about this I had to post it.  After my 7th grade humor kicked in how could I not?

You need:

4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Preheat your oven to 425    -    or   - crock pot it    -     or grill.

Oven prep:
Mix items 2-4 together
Cover the meat in s&p (more p than s)
Drench the chicken in the mustard sauce
Bake 30-35 minutes (internal temp goal is 145)

Crock Pot:
Throw it all in for three hours on low.

Grill:
See the oven prep?  Do everything but put it in the oven.  Brownie says that you should use the sauce as a baste if grilling.

I hope you reach a palate of O-my goodness yumminess haha.


Summer Stir Fry (Midwest Style)


I don't know about you but I am a huge fan of the Oklahoma Redhead named Ree Drummond.  You may know her as the Pioneer Woman on Food Network.  She's an author, cowboy's wife, animal lover, mom, and a dang good cook.  I am sharing one of her awesome recipes that I think should be a staple this summer for us all!  Enjoy her site - it is fabulous!

Here's the link through Yummly.com (remember them?)


Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadilla

And one more from my favorite Pioneer Woman.  My gosh...I need to make this tomorrow!  When I do I will share, via blog, with you all about it.

Link thanks to Yummly.com (remember them again?) 


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok you're ready to start your summer eating and drinking now.  I have one pin for you....this is for drinks the kids can also enjoy.

Before I share the pin I have to be an adult and do my responsibility talk:

If you're going to consume alcohol be responsible for yourself.  Do not ever drink and drive.  Plant your tail bones in a yard chair sip and enjoy and when it is time to go somewhere make sure it is only a few yards behind you and a few doors to go through.

Ok - summer drinks for the little and big ones -

Great site:  Midwest Living (yes it is the heartland's Southern Living).  Here's a link to 15 summer drinks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Be good to your kitchen skills -


Brownie

Share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!