Friday, May 3, 2013

Eggs n Biscuits Ole!

5.3.13

It is an egg and biscuit kinda morning - that's what is for breakfast around here.  I love my Fridays with my bambinos.  No preschool to rush to, no lets-see-what-we-can-cram-into-three-hours-before-it-is-time-to-pick-up-from-preschool rush, no worries over the baby's schedule....it is nice.

It is smooth as the butter that I use to make the scrambled eggs with.

It is light and airy as the biscuits that my child loves.

Ahhh Friday thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biscuits are bad for you health wise.  I know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we may see something called sunshine here in North Carolina.  This used to be a common site but lately it has became endangered due to some crapola weather.  Hey here's a question - why do we blame the local weatherman when the weather is sub par?

I mean I guess we are human and have to blame someone but last I checked he or she really has no power in creating weather (unless you're that guy from the Fox channel that makes snow....)  If they did we could seriously be in a world of hurt!

Think about it - most meteorologists love some kind of "bad" weather.  Some are tornado fiends, others like really crazy snows, you've got your thunderstorm freaks, hurricane weirdos.  I really think it is a good thing that those "Let's look at the 7 day..." people are not in control of the weather...imagine if they became bored!

So I'm not blaming Lanie for this snap of dreary, cool weather.....it's ok girlfriend this too shall pass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Who caught Farm Kings last night?

In case you didn't the brothers began the beef side of farming.  I was laughing when they were looking at a breed of cow that isn't very "common" to America.  It made me wonder how much money these dudes actually have to spend - I don't think they are struggling.  Luckily, they settled for a few black angus.

I must admit I was a bit irritated with the whole issue of letting a brother go intern on a farm that this family wants to pattern after.  I couldn't quite wrap my brain around them not wanting to let him go.  Let's look at the reality of the situation - it is a reality show -

1.  It is a family of 10 or 11.  They all have a role that is ok and expected.  However, last season we were witness to "hired" hands.  Replacement for a brother would be a "hired hand" - correct?  Farm labor is cheap too.  Trust me, I know.

2.  This is an opportunity for hands-on experience at a farm they want to pattern after.  Why the Rhoad Island Red would you not want a family member to gain the first hand, true experience knowledge that can be gained by time spent actually working the model you want to pattern after.  Is it a jealousy issue?  A power issue?

3.  They showed where they wanted this one brother to man the pigs.  They have five pigs - seriously?  I know he does construction but to be honest on a farm all people do some construction.

4.  He's a kid - he needs to experience the world and get an opportunity to go away from PA and get a feel of the world for himself - farming or not farming.  I believe his sister agreed to this point.  I also want to remind us of the move from agri-life to industrialization - the boys were sick of the farm, they wanted something new and they went to the factory....but the most important lesson.....after a while they longed for the farm. 

5.  I still love this show.

What else went down last night....the proof that the mom is pretty smart!  She'll get a post next week in our topic of the week.  If you have ten kids then you have to be creative and totally blessed.  I loved the way she got her garden going with the help of a creative way of getting some kids together -  Remember that shirt I lent you?  I need it.  Remember that pot I cooked the stew in?  I need you to bring it over.

I will use that ammunition one day.  It is stored in my mommy brain bank.

Anyway - catch up on Farm Kings by checking your local listings for GAC (Great American Country) - if you Directv then it is channel 326.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up this weekend?  It is CINCO DE MAYO!  Here's a recipe for your celebration:

1 case of Dos Equis
1 case of Corona
1 case of Tecate
3 bottles of Tequila
7 limes
1 salt shaker
Some sweet n sour mix

Drink up and use that Spanish Dora taught you the other day.  I hear if you drink enough you will naturally speak a different language.

Ok here's a real recipe:

Creamy Salsa Dip:

1 cup of Mayonnaise
1 cup chunky salsa of your choice

Combine and serve with veggies

How stinkin' easy.

Buenos dias muchachas!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hasta La Vista mis amigos - see ya next week!


Brownie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!