Tuesday, December 1, 2015

{Re-Cap} Thanksgiving Break, Day, and Friendsgiving!

It all started for us on Monday.  My Little Man had his first preschool celebration.  My oh my the sweetness was enough to make your heart burst open into a million tiny hearts.  I'm thankful for these early years and all the joy they bring us and many other parents.  It is a gift to be able to give your child early learning experiences, the gift of knowing and learning about Christ, and to be able to enjoy holidays through little eyes again.




Tuesday was quiet.  It was the last day of school for my Diva.  
re
Wednesday was awesome!  School was out, my husband began a five day "off work" stretch.  I spent the morning grocery shopping and the afternoon watching Hallmark movies.  The kids had a wonderful time playing and just being in their pajamas all day long!  We had dinner at my mom's house.  Unfortunately, the evening was spoiled by the Diva.  We've had some attitude issues with her over the past few months and well...yeah not too thankful for that.

Thanksgiving Day...Was fabulous!  We woke up and took our sweet time getting ready to go to Boone for the day.  This year we ate lunch at Southern Comforts in Blowing Rock.  We were excited to recognize faces from our old Thanksgiving haunt.  It turns out the place we spent the first 6 Thanksgivings eating at has relocated, renamed, and is a new joint venture for some restaurateurs.  Our lunch was fabulous.



After lunch we headed to Greene Tree Farm (our 8th year) to pick out our tree.  The weather was terrific and the kids had a blast climbing the hill, riding the hayride, and racing through the trees.

Thanksgiving Night...It is only American go do a little Thanksgiving Night shopping.  I enlisted my cousin, Tiffany to help me, we tackled our local Walmart.  I realize I could have done it all from my computer but you know....we are social creatures!  I was able to clear five names off the to buy for list!  Plus?  I was only there for an hour!

Friday, Saturday...We decorated and cleaned out storage (yes totally out), attended a chicken stew, watched a lot of television...you get it, right?



Sunday aka Friendsgiving 2015...Our original RSVP list was 17 but my bestie was hold up in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and my other bestie was all locked down with a strep positive little girl.  Luckily, we still had seven other wonderful guests to attend.  The greens, green bean casserole, and sweet potato casseroles were freaking amazing, as was the cranberry sauce (Heather, Keileigh, pass along the recipes STAT!)  It was a pretty laid back and relaxing time (while the kids wilded-out).  Did I mention how good the food was?  Due to the rain we had to eat inside but the kids still managed to get out and run some laps around the yard!

The moral of the story...I am so thankful for this little family of mine.  God has blessed us with some amazing friends near (Heather, Josh, Keileigh, Marc) and far (Ashley, Seth, Jennifer, Josh).  How could the holiday season be catapulted off any better?

I hope your Thanksgiving was amazing.







1 comment:

  1. Hooray for good times with family and friends!
    And 5 people in 1 hour at Walmart??? That must be a record!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!