Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Styling My Kids: Fall Pictures


Every year I tend to do the same pictures with my kids....Easter & Christmas.  This year I wanted to switch it up and do a fall photo session (check off that one on the October Wish List).

Truth - you guys are well aware I am a summer girl.

New truth - I love some fall.  Even though it is difficult to say goodbye to shorts and tanks, flip flops and coconut smells; I truly love fall.

Today I'm sharing with you my kids' outfits for their upcoming photo session.

Old Navy, thank you for being my best friend for clothing.

I spotted this dress on Old Navy's website a couple weeks ago.  It has my child's name written all over it.  A swing dress with stripes it will look adorable!  The bonus?  I only paid $6.30.



I plan to pair this with navy leggings and of course some boots!  My girl loves boots with da fur.  I haven't ordered these and may just run to a local shoe store for boots.  To be truthful, I'm not a fan of white anything on my either of my children's feet.  Kids = dirty = not good for white lined shoes!


I must say my girl has a love hate relationship with hair accessories.  She's happiest when her hair is parted to the side and I run a flat iron through it.  This year I'm thinking we may have to find a headband or bow.  I mean a little bling didn't hurt anything did it?

Then there is the boy:


Let it be known, I am an avid Old Navy shopper!  Also, I'm getting totally matchy matchy with the babes this year.  Little Man will be sporting this shirt (as long as the order comes in in time).  He'll be the cutest little match to his big sister.



Here are his little "work" pants for the shoot.  Everything is just much more adorable when it is small, isn't it?

All good moms have a back up plan.  Considering Old Navy is threatening me with the shipping being a day (for Little Man's goods) too late I have to have a back up plan.

Little Man will sport a navy, merlot, and gold checked plaid print (more about plaid on Thursday) dress shirt and a pair of jeans that I have stashed in the closet.

Before I end this post I want to give you the name of our awesome photographer.  Shannon Poindexter is a great local photographer.  She does fabulous work and is wonderful with children.  Check out her Facebook Page:  A Thousand Words Photography By Shannon Poindexter for more information!

Are you doing or have you had fall photos made this year?  What colors did you use?  








1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!