Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fall Fashion Post #2: How bad is plaid?

Admitting:  Fall Fashion Post #1 was so much fun.  I decided to follow it up with a FFP #2.  This week I'm tackling plaids.

Plaid is ingrained my brain as:  The men's department.

A tiny bundle of pure kilted joy!  Photograph by Erica King.

Let's take a walk down Amanda's memory lane as research as to why this is.

Early on:

We see my grandfathers (Dad-o is deceased; Pappaw is still alive and kicking).  Both of these fine gentleman were manual laborers who owned their own businesses.  Dad-o was in grading and clearing while Pappaw was a lumberman.

Their standard work attire?

A plaid shirt and work pants (generally chinos) with boots.

My father, a holiday church goer, generally wore a striped or plaid shirt on those trips.

And finally my college boyfriend (not the man I married) wore, every single day of his then life, khaki pants and a plaid shirt (generally a red and navy blue plaid).

Do I have a love affair with plaid?

The Mad Men Fashion File - Season 5's Greatest Hits:
Except maybe with Jon Hamm.

Negative.

Being that this is all the rage as far as trends go this season I decided to see what was out there that I may can tolerate.  I found these gems and thought I would share.  My favorite has to be the last one <wink>

omg, I love these. Sperry Top-Sider Plaid Washed Canvas Boat Shoe
These Sperry's area adorable and a perfect little accent to a fall outfit.  Festive feet...sure!

I love funky skirts in the workplace--provided they're an office appropriate length!:
This is quite precious the wrap skirt and tall boots are perfect for work.  I fight with the idea plaid is so masculine this really changes the thought process.

The Homestead Recap: Fall Shooting Attire - fall - shooting attire- gingham - j,crew- preppy- blogger - puffer vest - booties - cashmere - karen walker sunglasses - james jeans:
In a vest for sure.  I like this because I can make it a bit more feminine.  Plus I have this quirky thing about vests :)
Looks like it's flannel shirt weather for this adorable duo! They are just too precious for words! From media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com:
Now that is appealing.  :-)

Follow Amanda's board fall 2015 on Pinterest.



8 comments:

  1. Haha plaid always makes me think of my uniforms I wore as a kid!! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love all your plaid inspiration. Those shoes and the vest and the SKIRT! Oh my, the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the Sperry's and the vest! Also, the dog photo, of course.

    xoxo
    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I love the picture of the dogs in the plaid! I have to admit I do sort of have a love affair of plaid on a guy. Something about lumberjack fantasies, which probably grosses you out since your grandpa was one (sorry!). Still I love the flannel-plaid shirts guys wear. On girls? Eh, not so much. Dogs though - you are on to something there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the plaid vest! The whole outfit is cute :) I think certain plaid tops, sweaters and skirts are cute but there are also some that are just awful! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge plaid fan also but I can definitely get behind the skirt and the sperry's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shoes and that vest! I am such a sucker for plaid! I would wear it all the time and dress my little guy in it too if I could! Husband too for that matter! lol! Not sure if it is the Scottish/Irish heritage in me or what :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious Post!! I like you and fashion posts! HA!! Love the Vest!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!