Thursday, April 21, 2016

Southern Charm & The 5 Reasons I LOVE It!

Reality television is the norm these days.  I admit I liked the Real Housewives of _______.  However, I love Southern Charm.  Like cray-cray-infatuation-style-middle-school-girl-again love it.

Here's the deal - I cannot pinpoint the reason I adore this show.  Yes, I'm a southern girl but that's not it because that is stupid.  Not all Southerners like Sweet Home Alabama or sweet tea or pearls or fishing.

OK wait a second um maybe that's a false statement.

Moving on...

The other night I was trying to decide what it is exactly that sings to my heart on this show and this is what I came up with.

View image on Twitter

1.  Cameran

Alrighty fellow Belles - Cameran Eubanks is probably our best friend that we haven't met.  Not only does she sound like the majority of us she is the girl that I think we can identify with the most.  She's from small town South Carolina (hey Andersen, SC we love you even if you got a bad wrap on episode two!); she's got that boy humor that we get so well; she can bait a hook; and she drinks Busch Light (episode three and I'm not a Busch Light drinker but I will turn up a Natty); her style is impeccable.



2.  Accents

For once I watch a show and I do not really notice accents because they sound like me.  Except for T-Rav that's just very, very Low Country.  Let it be known I love a good Southern accent like the ones from that region.  Once upon a time I knew a couple guys that had that same accent and I would pull a "just keep talking" on them and grin the whole time they spoke.  I couldn't understand a word.



3.  Shep

I would be lying through my teeth if I said that boy wasn't hot as a four alarm fire.  We all know a Shep - man whore who is so freaking attractive we cannot turn away (while at the same time wondering how many times he has had the clap.)



4.  Location

Currently, I am five hours away from Charleston.  I have been to Charleston and fell in love with it.  This translates to me considering it as a local town and because of that crazy five hour localness I love the show.



5. Those parties

I may not be an old money (or new money) millionaire but the parties (and dinners) they throw on the show are reminiscent of the ones I have attended.  They start off with good intentions and then the crazy shows up and there's a fight or dagger tongues screaming across the yard between two people while everyone looks on with drinks in hand whispering about how psycho so and so is.

Do you watch Southern Charm?  What pulls you in?

Mondays at 9PM Eastern on Bravo






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!