Monday, January 4, 2021

Wait, what? 2021 Is here...

 Happy New Year.

Four days into it and I'm thinking I must still be in two zero two zero because I spent my New Year's Day being diagnosed with COVID-19.  The doctor was incredibly enthusiastic as she watched my test go from no value to positive in "record time" - what the ever loving hell?  Does that get me a reward?  If so...

I would like my taste and smell back.  That happened the night before my test.  I got in my car and was driving home from work when I realized I couldn't taste the peppermint in my mouth.  I immediately started reaching for hand sanitizer to see if I could smell it - nope.  I had just bought room spray (thanks to my husband's fart machine ass) so I sprayed it - nothing.  

My body had been aching horribly all week but it felt like my regular run with a sinus infection.  I was even diagnosed with one earlier in the week!  But ole 'Rona likes to pose as a sinus infection that spreads like a wildfire.

Cough?  I got it.

Aches and pains?  That too.

Cannot keep my eyes open?  Oh yeah.

I just wish I could freaking taste!!!

I haven't been this worn out in ages and I have been pretty sick in my thirty sddkf years.  This virus is just weird all the way around.  It has brought with it every possible gross feeling you can imagine.  Nausea and stomach ache are also part of the package.

But the craziest part?  No fever.  I haven't had a fever and that is a small celebration in itself.  If there is anything I hate more in life it is a fever.  

***

Since my nanny cannot take my children to the house I bought her in Banner Elk...my kids are positive by association.  I can go back to work in ten days but the kiddos have to wait fourteen days to return to school.

My husband has tested negative (over and over) so he's some freak of nature.  However, while I have been battling this mess he has been battling random swelling in his limbs.  Very strange.  It has been going on since November.  Steroids have it under control (that makes me laugh)...but its annoying because you cannot live a life on the 'roids.  

The plus side of my husband being negative and on the 'roids is that he has limitless energy.  He spent all of Sunday DEEP cleaning our house.  I have been walking room to room like I'm just returning to my home after an HGTV show came in and reordered it.  I am wondering if he can take steroids once a month to keep this up for us?

***

I do not have a nanny.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!