Monday, August 3, 2015

I missed BFF day...

So yesterday (Sunday) was Friendship Day.

Oops, Hallmark, I forgot.

Actually, I really had no friggin' clue there was such a day.

I mean, duh, I should have figured it out since we do have this thing called Hallmark who can churn out a holiday like none other.  And maybe I was clued in when I saw a Starbucks ad on Facebook (and tagged my bestie) that said Best Friends.

Oh well...

I felt obligated by my heart to write a little ditty about my best friend.

***

I'm not a friend collector.  You know, the person who has like a posse of girls behind them and walks around with them like you did in 7th grade.  I guess it is because I have major trust issues and hate girls who live for drama.

You would think at 30 something that would be a trait that has been shed.

I'm here to tell you females keep that trait going strong for years and years.

Anyway, all through my life I've kept just a couple of friends as my closest, got your back no matter what, buddies.

Sometimes it is lonely and I wish I had that posse.

I've mentioned my bestie numerous times before.  We met 10 years ago in one of our many nutrition classes in college.  I sat down in front of her and eventually turned around and chatted her up.  She was the cutest thing with her Wilkes County accent.

Sometimes people just hit it off.

We did.

We're both scorpios so I figure that's why we connected so quickly.  Seriously, I'm not a big sign person but it is pretty neat how that stuff does make some sense when it comes to personalities.

My bestie and I made a lot of fun memories in our last couple of years of college.  We had some fun adventures.  Lucky for us we took even more adventures together.  She was my maid of honor at my wedding and I was her 9 month pregnant friend sitting in the back at her wedding.

I had a baby girl and a year and a half later she'd welcome her first little boy.

We would complain to each other about the perils of life after marriage....boys can be so dumb.  We would giggle at strange gifts at the holidays and unfortunately we would cry together when true, honest, and complete heartbreak would hit.

It did so twice for her.  And each time I dropped what I was doing to be there for her.  Crying the entire drive because my friend didn't deserve to have to go through this once let alone twice.

We're the friends who live just under an hour from each other but only seem to be able to get up three times a year with one another.  However, our emails are like a religion and completed daily.

When we are in a proverbial bind it doesn't take long before a call is made. Then ,over an hour later, all our problems are back burner because we've distracted each other enough to be giggling and happy at conversation's end.

I was not given a sister by blood or marriage.  I always thought it would be awesome to have had one to share things with in life.  However, God granted me a best friend that so easily has taken the place of that sister role in my life.

For that, I am forever indebted.








3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you - I've never been the type to make TONS of friends, but I think that would be fun! But I savor my very few, super close ones :)

    By the way, I love your fun writin style! Very easy to read :)

    HAPPY MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had tons of friends either. I have social anxiety to the extreme, but you'd never know it unless you knew me in person. Thankfully I married my best friend. I do wish I had a few close gfriends but I've met some great ladies here online! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGeepers!!! How did I miss this??? And this is why I love your weekly recaps!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!