Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Recipe Tuesday: Independence Day Eats (Pin 5!)

Good morning!  I hope you guys are doing ever so well today.  We're into day two of both kids being home and so far so good.  Today we're going to work on getting some good ole Americana decor together for Independence Day.

I really do not have any posts planned with a 4th of July theme.  I was also not prepared for this post this week with a recipe I made and was ready to share with you.  And if you know me you know that translates to turning this post into a Pinterest 5 post!

Search term:  Recipes for July 4th

Annnnddddd the first one is a total score!!!  I cannot wait for our Publix to open up :)  Is it sad when you get excited about a new grocery store?  Probably?  Yeah, I thought so.  This recipe comes from Publix and it looks simple perfect for the 4th of July.  Sure, the kids and men may turn their noses up at the main fare but c'mon girls tell me this doesn't look divine? I pinned this one (and all on this page) to Stuff You Saw On The Blog (Summer) and here's the direct link to the recipe via Publix.




Handmade in the Heartland had this next pin up and immediately I thought about my kids...and my dog!  These are super cute and pretty much mess free.  If you're having a cook out for the 4th the last thing you want to do is clean up your kids five bajillion times from messy food. 




OK back on the smart eating track...I love this idea!  Frozen yogurt bites with strawberries and blueberries.  A cool and economical snack for a hot summer celebration; sounds good to me!  This website can be a bit slow so when you click over there from Pinterest be prepared!



This makes my mouth water every so badly!  Shrimp, guac, yes!!!  Step away from the burgers and hotdogs and how about making a table of small eats with a healthy twist this year.  I really enjoy the plethora of recipes from Joy Filled Eats so when you got over you need to browse for a few minutes!



Lastly - a bit of rum for the tum.  Warning this sounds very smooth and very easy to drink so be careful!


All of these pins can be found here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!