Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Starts - Spring!

Ooooh joy I am very excited!  So extremely excited!  Today is the official start to spring and my heart is dancing with elation.



Nevermind it is going to be very cold today and gross out.  The point is this...

Spring is really (like the poets say) a promise.

The promise that after months of cold and darkness; light and warmth will be back.

The promise that death will result in immaculate, abounding color.

The promise of new songs from budding tree branches.



Spring is a big promise that every year elates me like none other.

There are so many parallels to this time of year and who I am.  



I am a warm weather girl.  Tank tops and flip flops with hands in the dirt and jumping into water.



I am a lover of this life - and the promise made that after this one - the grave is nothing.  Easter is celebrated in the spring for a reason - the promise that though this life may be a hard journey and highly questionable at times if we keep that faith and hold His promise - there is beauty and new life awaiting.



Yes, I am celebrating this day on the equinox calendar.  Today I am reborn for multiple reasons.  Today I am excited about everything that lies ahead.  I feel lighter and relaxed.



It is spring.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!