Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Is Here!


Ahhh November you came so quickly.

I love October and I love November and my feelings towards other months aren't quite as immense with the passion I have for those two months.

Even though November is my birthday month I don't really eat it up for that reason.

Presents are just a perk.

I love the weather and the leaves and the trees.

I'm all about a good fire, good coffee, autumn brews.

Give me sweatshirts and sweaters and boots and dark nails.

It is no wonder this seems to be the fastest time of year....we only get this beauty for maybe 8 weeks and then the trees are bare and the world is too cold to move.

~*~

In case you haven't noticed I have been quite sad lately.

When our lives are turned upside down and the remedy isn't as quick as the snap of a finger... well its unfortunate.

But I am so blessed.

This month marks the true time of everyone being accountable for all they are blessed with and thankful for.

My list is long.

Starting today I vow to put my sadness away and focus on the positives.

Each day I will post a little blurb of what I am thankful for.

Many bloggers do this.

Many Facebookers will take the challenge.

I challenge you to join me.

Share with me daily what you're thankful for that particular day.

You can post it on the A Brownie World Facebook Page or on the blog post for the day.

It doesn't matter how big or small what you're thankful for is that day....it is the fact you are acknowledging it's existence and you are happy to have it in your life.

Let's go for nouns though ok?

Nouns - person, place, or thing.

K?

~*~

On this the first day of November I wish to share with you a person I am thankful for.

It's not my husband or mom or sixth removed cousin.

It's not my kid(s) or my dog.

They will get their day.

Today I want to take a moment and tell you how thankful I am for my friend Jen.

How's that for a fuzzy pic?  Eeeek!

She's a work-a-holic, amazeballs lady who I look forward to hanging out with once (wish it was more) a week.  She busts her tail between two full time nursing jobs and juggles everything life throws at her with humor and grace.

She's been an amazing friend to me and I think that's one of God's blessings in my life.

When I hit my low point she's supportive and smart.  She reminds me of the things that I fail to see.

I love her very much.

She is my November 1st -So-Thankful-For!







1 comment:

  1. Aw yes I love this! And just remember--it's totally okay to feel sad. And let yourself feel sad. Just don't let it control your life!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!