Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weekend Recap




Saturday
 
I had to pull my ark out of the storage unit.  The rains came...and came....and came.  The sun refused to shine.  I despise driving in heavy rain so I did what I needed to do (and was on my to do list) I priced all the yard sale stuff.  It took me about an hour to finish it all up since the pricing party started last weekend.
 
My hallway and laundry room are all crammed with things we don't use, wear, and or need anymore and I cannot wait for all of it to be in someone elses tender loving care.  My countdown starts today we are T minus five days until the sale.

To celebrate the end of pricing stuff the hubby and I laid on the couch and watched our DVR'd shows from the week.  Remember, I am on this go to bed by 9/9:30 crunch so I can feel good.  Bed at nine translates to missing my shows.  I cannot complain about a rainy Saturday that started off productive and led to couch nesting for a bit over an hour.  The children played loudly on the floor as we zoned out!
 
Around 5pm the sun broke through.  The oldest kidlet was off with Nana so it was just me, hubby, and baby.  We grilled some steaks, I whipped up a yummy pasta side and fixed some sauteed mix veggies. 
 
After bedtime for little man and time with our bichens and the pig <eye roll> we were suckered into an older movie - "The Adjustment Bureau" - I loved that movie!  However, I also love Matt Damon (way better than Affleck if you ask me).  That was a great movie that had me glued to the tv for about 90 minutes.
 
Sunday -
 
The oldest kid ended up spending the night with Nana.  We skipped church for a little outing to Target, Dick's and the Dollar Tree.  The agenda included purchasing golf balls, a birthday card, and a stuff to make my yard sale sign.  Done, done, done. 
 
While out we hit up Mario's Pizza for some delicious, greasy, kill your heart goodness.  Baby Boy joined in too - he loved it.
 
 
When we got back the little one did not fight us one bit for a nap.  Yay!
 
 
 
Hubby loves golfing.  He's been going most Sundays.  Since the monsoon came in on Saturday he was forced to leave the clubs alone....ok except for chipping in the backyard.  I joined in.  I am no golfer even though I would like to pick it up.  He kept laughing, shaking his head but complimented my hits, or is it swings or is it...ok I don't know.
 
While we were reading the paper on the porch my darling spouse found some puppies for sale.  We have been dog free for well over a month now.  It has been an adjustment.  I am a major doggie lover and honestly have always had dogs in my life.  After we became dog free I made the decision I would have no more dogs until the kids were much older.  (Think:  When you have that weird urge for a baby as you edge toward 40 but know if you do it you'll go insane, yeah that is the time to get a puppy.)  Besides we have the house remodel on the horizon and the last thing you want is a teething puppy choosing your new cabinets to cut its canines on.  There is a time and place for a pooch and that time and place is neither here nor yon right now.  So why in the world did my husband tell me he had found some German Shepherd puppies....only miles away....for a great deal.....and then show me the picture of them?  ALL the pictures of them?  Furthermore why did he tell me he would give me the money to go get one that afternoon.  AND lastly, why did he continually bring it up?
 
Because he's a jerk that's why!  No, seriously he's far from it.  I decided he wanted the animal (and yes maybe I did as well) but he wanted to pawn it off on me because he literally sucks at taking care of anything with four legs.
 
So the verdict is in:  Negative on the doggie.  I will be looking when the time is right but its not on the agenda now, or in a month, or in a year.
 
The weekend ended with homemade ice cream (which I despise) at my grandma's. 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Recipe for you:
This week I am doing some cooking off of what random items I have on hand.  On Saturday this was a hit!
 
I had a quarter box of rotini, e.v.o.o. a fresh tomato, an onion, salt, pepper, garlic pepper grinder (McCormick).
 
I lightly buttered a sautee pan and tossed in small slices of onion - added a tiny bit of salt and let them cook for about 3 minutes.  Meanwhile the rotini was cooking in a pot with lots of water and salt like my favorite Ina Garten tells everyone to do!
 
I diced up my tomato and tossed it in with the onion.  Added some salt and a few grinds of the garlic pepper grinder along with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of e.v.o.o.
 
I drained my pasta and added it in my pan with the veggies and seasonings.  Then I gave it a good "slosh" around and transferred it all to a dish and put an Italian cheese blend on top (which melted....yummy!)
 
Can I just say my baby loved it, my hubby loved it, and I said "yep I'll be making that again!"
 
Got to love impromptu good ideas!
 
 















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!